Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Oscars

 Well the Oscars have come and gone for another year, so I thought I'd just say a few words here about this years results. Are there any surprises, no.
 And this I'm afraid sums up the Oscars for me. They have just become too predictable. Sure it can be argued that it is sour grapes that our own personal opinions aren't mirrored by the judges, but I really feel that the best performances/films don't always get their due rewards.
 Natalie Portman deserves her Oscar and I am not a Portman fan. Read my post on Black Swan. I think Hailee Seinfeld is one of the unluckiest nominees ever. Sure Melissa Leo was good, but Jackie Weaver in Animal kingdom was better, Seinfeld though was their superiors. Her time may come but it probably won't be for her best performance.
 Awards are a neccesary evil. They can give due recognition where it is truely deserved but I feel they more that often don't. I feel a popular film or performance gets credit that is unwarranted.
 Just my thoughts. This years Oscars in a word, boring and predictable per usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment